An exceptional garden
“A good gardener must have a passion for new things” confided to Louis XIV, Jean-Baptiste de La Quintinie, agronomist and founder of the King’s Vegetable Garden of Versailles.
We could say the same about a cosmetics designer.
At Mademoiselle Saint Germain, we have a passion for novelty in the choice of our ingredients: we use ancestral plants from the exceptional garden that is the King’s Vegetable Garden of Versailles.
The King’s Vegetable Garden of Versailles
Built between 1678 and 1683 by Jean-Baptiste de La Quintinie, this French-style garden and its great diversity of fruits and vegetables once fed Louis XIV’s table. Listed as a historic monument and remarkable garden, it is also home to the historic site of the National School of Landscape.
At the King’s Vegetable Garden, the harvests are made by hand, at maturity and above all with respect for the plant. An essential partner for Mademoiselle Saint Germain, the King’s Vegetable Garden has reintroduced a plant that has disappeared for two centuries: the white Bonneuil cucumber, especially for our cosmetics.